Frozen shoulder

Hi doctor, My Mother has been suffering from problem of frozen shoulder for past two months..she had undergone physiotherapy treatment for 12-13 days but relief is just 10%..she is not able to move her hand behind her back..we consulted orthopedic surgeon and he advised to go for it necessary to go for MRI?? What could be the possible treatment of this problem..she had undergone angioplasty five years back..she is perfectly fine now..her cholesterol levels are normal and sugar Is also under control...please advise wot to do??

Doctor Answers (1) on Frozen shoulder

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there I understand your concern... Operation is not only modality of treatment....The aim of treatment is to ease pain and stiffness; also, to keep the range of shoulder movement as good as possible...this can be achieved by pain killers and anti inflammatory agents...Physiotherapist they may try other pain-relieving techniques such as warm or cold temperature packs and transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) machines...regarding MRI its hard to suggest with out clinical examination.