Periarthritis of shoulder

Dear doctors, My father is suffering from sever pain in shoulder and our local doctor confirmed that pain as periarthritis and suggested some pain relief tablets and even physiotherapy. He is following this medication and physiotherapy from 2 months by now with no improvement. After little research on my Own, I am able to find out that this is some kind of frozen shoulder. He has diabetes too. Could anyone here please suggest good hospital or treatment in and around Hyderabad. Local doctors have been no help so far. I will provide additional details if require. Appreciate your help.

Doctor Answers (1) on Periarthritis of shoulder

Dr. Vinay Kumar M (PT) Hyderabad | Physiotherapist
Adhesive capsulitis is an inflammatory reaction of the capsule / synovium of the shoulder. Any Radiograph won't show these capsular changes. Sometimes it occurs due to rotator cuff disorders. Usually this condition lasts about 6months to 2 years & the initial 6 months if more painful. Decreasing pain is the main aim in this stage rather than concentrating on range of motion. Conservatively , Manual therapy & stretching of few selective muscles has shows good reduction in pain. Modalities in physiotherapy like US / IFT etc sometimes don't help as the they don't impact deep tightened structures. I suggest you to try manual therapy before trying any invasive procedures. Good Luck.