Forgetting things

My mom thinks that she forgets things like whether she has put salt in the food, where she had kept her glasses. She is a housewife and is very active. She had met with an accident in Oct 2015 wherein she had to get operated on her right leg. She had suffered minor gash on her forehead. Off lately she has started complaining about dizziness when she wakes up in the morning and sometimes during the day. Please suggest what should I do

Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello, dementia is a group of conditions(mostly seen in elderly) characterised by impairment of at least two brain functions, such as memory loss and judgment. Symptoms include forgetfulness, limited social skills and thinking abilities so impaired that it interferes with daily functioning. Medications and therapies may help manage symptoms. Some causes are reversible. Please consult neurologist for further workup.