Food getting stuck

I had my wisdom tooth removed 2 weeks back. A small socket has formed where food is getting stuck. Even after many gargles food not coming out. I experience no pain but it is annoying.
Is this a health  issue.
views-icons 144 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Food getting stuck

it is absolutely notmal. don't worry about the small sccop like bony formation where you find the food deposits . it is part of the healing process and will develop into normal healthy bony ridge in no time till that time it is good to keep the area clean
Dr. D Vinay Kumar Hyderabad | Orthodontist
U did nt mention anything about any habit if u were having a habit of smoking ds is coz of dat . This condition is called as Dry Socket.were the healing of d wound will b delayed .Visit Ur dentist and quit smoking if u have dat habit until the wound heals.
It is nothing to worry about. Please visit your dentist and have it checked. you would most likely require a local irrigation and depending on the size of the socket, they would suggest any further management.