Fixed and removable tooth

Hello all have a question regarding my sister's recent dental condition, due to cavity she lost all her upper teeth and in lower teeth she got molar removed, doctor has advised lower fixed teeth with the support of remaining teeth and upper fixed teeth with implants, but due to cost factor she went for upper denture, so is it fine lower fixed teeth and upper denture removable? Kindly suggest

Doctor Answers (5) on Fixed and removable tooth

Hello,
Actually the condition you have mentioned is very common in many of the patients. If cost is the factor, what treatment you already had is perfect. But as our previous fallow dentist suggested , if you can spend little more than removable denture you can easly go for implant supported denture which is obviously a better option. We can only suggest different treatment options which solve your problem, but you can wisely choose from those options - cost benefit ratio and pros cons of all treatment opetions.
Regards.
Take care.
Dr. Prakruti Trivedi Ahmedabad | Dental Surgeon
Hello, ya its fine... But in compared to fixed teeth.... Efficiency of removable teeth is not much... N because of denture day by day her bone support will get weak and denture will get loose. So in my opinion if cost matters, then u can go for semi fixed denture. That is Implant Supported denture. Its cost will be more than removable denture but not upto total fixed teeth. For more information u can visit my clinic by taking a prior appointment
Dr. Rashmi Punhani Bangalore | Pediatric Dentist
Hello there...need not to worry...u can go ahead ... Take care ...!!
Yes..it is OK to go with existing if it's a cost factor However, fixed teeth with implant support are the most convenient one. Regards
Yes. It is fine if upper is removable denture and lowers are fixed. No problem.