Fibromyalgia - IBS-C

After two long years, finally its confirmed that i have fibromyalgia, after trial and error, tablet that is working is Tab Etilam, relief is 90% as sometimes i stil feel pain in skeletal muscles at forearms. Also constipation is continuing despite tab sompraz iT. Importantly, when i press my forearms, thighs, legs, gas comes out in small proportions. If you can guide something on this

Dr. Priyanka Bhati (PT)
Physiotherapist 16 yrs exp Faridabad

Dear friend Please visit a good physio and start exercises.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

Visit your nearby good physiotherapist and they will go for gentle stretching and strenghthening exercises of your whole body,deep massage therapy,and many more and you will definately feel a drastic relif.
Dr. R Murali
Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist 17 yrs exp Coimbatore

Greetings,  sorry to hear about your concern. Having been diagnosed with fibromyalgia is not a big deal, how you handle it is makes a great difference. Get a myofascial release massage from a physio and for constipation just by taking tablets your constipation will not settle down, drink lots of water and juices, eat lots of fibres and drink amla juice first thing in the morning.,cut or stop you coffee or tea intake if you have the habit, get into some exercise program involving stretching. Do the above for at least 4 months to see changes. Get a good sleeping pattern practice which is mandatory,. Hope this helps and if any concerns do let me know.
Dr. A Mohan Krishna
Orthopedist 13 yrs exp Hyderabad

Hi thanks for the query If you are diagnosed with fibromyalgia,  the treatment options would be simple analgesics and physiotherapy.  Most of the times patients feel comfortable with yoga and stretches. Regarding constipation and other bowel symptoms I may not able to comment on them.