Fever with shevering

My daughter suffering from fever with chills I gave her meftal p which is better tablet or syrup? Tablet means which one?

Dr. Poonam M Sambhaji
Pediatrician 11 yrs exp North Goa

Hi, 12 year old girl child with fever and chills please rule out malaria and urine infection. As for medication paracetamol is safest as a home first aid. Disclaimer "This provisional advice provided by me stands subject to the patient undergoing a physical examination and is based entirely on inputs provided by patient/attendants. The patient is advised for physical examination at earliest"
Ashwani Koul
Pediatrician 4 yrs exp Bangalore

Meftal -P is mefenemic acid. And needs to be given according to the weight of the child 10mg/kg to a max of 500mg per dose. So whether u give syrup or tablet see the dose u are giving. Both are equally effective provided the dose ia adequate. I would rather suggest you to use Paracetamol first and keep meftal as a 2nd choice.