Fever with shevering

My daughter suffering from fever with chills I gave her meftal p which is better tablet or syrup? Tablet means which one?

Doctor Answers (2) on Fever with shevering

Ashwani Koul
4 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | Pediatrician

INR 200 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Meftal -P is mefenemic acid. And needs to be given according to the weight of the child 10mg/kg to a max of 500mg per dose. So whether u give syrup or tablet see the dose u are giving. Both are equally effective provided the dose ia adequate. I would rather suggest you to use Paracetamol first and keep meftal as a 2nd choice.
Dr. Poonam M Sambhaji
10 yrs. of exp | North Goa | Pediatrician
Hi, 12 year old girl child with fever and chills please rule out malaria and urine infection. As for medication paracetamol is safest as a home first aid. Disclaimer "This provisional advice provided by me stands subject to the patient undergoing a physical examination and is based entirely on inputs provided by patient/attendants. The patient is advised for physical examination at earliest"