Fatty liver(grade 2)

I had recently done a full body checkup which included USG for my liver and the result came out to be Hepatomegaly with fatty liver(Grade 2). My doctor prescribed few medicines for treatment. While I researched online, each posts said stop taking medicines as it also affects liver too. Need help.

Doctor Answers (1) on Fatty liver(grade 2)

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there, Lose weight. If you're overweight or obese, reduce the number of calories you eat each day and increase your physical activity in order to lose weight. If you've tried to lose weight in the past and have been unsuccessful, ask your doctor for help....Choose a healthy diet. Eat a healthy diet that's rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains...Exercise and be more active. Aim for at least 30 minutes of exercise most days of the week... and closely monitor your blood sugar...Lower your cholesterol. A healthy plant-based diet, exercise and medications can help keep your cholesterol and your triglycerides at healthy levels. ..Protect your liver. Avoid things that will put extra stress on your liver. For instance, don't drink alcohol. Follow the instructions on all medications and over-the-counter drugs.