Family related problems

I have family prob,2 yrs back on got married my mother in law tortures me a lot my husband never supports me for everything he says mummy.now I have 8 months baby girl I'm in my parents house my husband didn't came to c me n my baby.now I have to take decisions pls tel me how to make strong decision.what I have to do ?

Dr. Satish Ramaiah
Psychiatrist 13 yrs exp Bangalore

I understand how difficult emotionally the situation is. Moreover managing a little baby on your own is not easy. Most marital or family dicords happen due to communication difficulties & lack of understanding of each other's emotions. I suggest you seek professional help for couple therapy. You got to take the initiative & suggest to your husband that you both take some professional help. This will help in creating an environment to better the communication, dynamics & bonding.