Eyes Twitching

My daughter is 8 years old, she started occasional twitching of eyes. Checkup revealed mild infection and a vision correction number of +1 and +1.5. Despite regular medication with Flarex (TDS) and Pataday (OD) the twitching has increased a lot. She is constantly scrunching her eyes badly. No redness or pain. Very concerned.

Doctor Answers (2) on Eyes Twitching

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello. I think you have allergic conjunctivitis. 1. Eye allergies, called allergic conjunctivitis, are a common condition that occurs when the eyes react to something that irritates them (called an allergen). 2. The eyes produce a substance called histamine to fight off the allergen. As a result, the eyelids and conjunctiva (the thin, filmy membrane that covers the inside of your eyelids) become red, swollen and itchy, with tearing and burning. The key to treating eye allergies is a. Avoid or limit contact with the substance causing the problem. B. Avoid rubbing eyes instead do cold compresses. C. Use antiallergic eyedrop like olopat eyedrop twice daily d. Lubricating eyedrop like flogel thrice daily e. Use mild steroid like flurisone in pulse dose in severe allergy this will help you I am very sorry dear to say that there is no medicine that can cure allergy. Only way is to stay away from all those things that you are allergic to. This is a provisional diagnosis. consult your ophthalmologist for detailed examination
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there..... I can understand your concern..... The exact causes of eye twitching are unknown, but research suggests that certain factors can make lead to a higher occurrence of twitching, especially in those that are susceptible to the condition. In children these often include stress, lack of sleep, eye strain, caffeine consumption, nutrient deficiencies or allergies.... Consult Pediatrician for further evaluation.....