Right eye is twitching

My right eye is twitching from past one week. Can I ignore this or need any medical attention??? I want to know the reason behind eye twitching also. Please suggest

Doctor Answers (2) on Right eye is twitching

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello This is myokymia Most common cause is stress It will resolve without treatment If persists consult local opthalmologist
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. In india it can be considered as good or bad luck depending on your sex. Anyways, scientifically speaking its because of the fatigue of the muscles of the lid that cause them to twich in that way. Its perfectly normal and no medical help is needed as such for it. If you haven't slept properly or if you have been spending too much time in front of tv, laptop etc then you need to addresd those things and it will be fine again. Dont need to worry. Have a high protein diet, lots of vegetables and fruits. Drink one cup of green tea everyday. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.