Excessive dandruff

Dandruff n died, white,light cells on scalps are causing humongous hair fall... And pimple n white heads and black spot of pimples have made my face darker as well. Want medicine or shampoo or face wash to get rid of this. Having these problems for last 4 years. N I'm only 19 years old. Plz help me. Seems that I'll lose all my hair in next 1 year! Thats causing mental dissatisfaction as well. Plz help. Thank u!

Doctor Answers (1) on Excessive dandruff

Dandruff is a common situation more common among teenagers. It can be more problematic if you are using hair oils. So consider discontinuation of oils and using an antifungal shampoo everyday for first week and then reduce the application to twice a week for maintenance. You should keep the shampoo at-least for 5 minutes on the scalp for it to act. This should solve your problem. However if problem persists, consult a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment and to rule out any other skin condition. Hope it helps you.
Start on biotin supplements and food rich in iron content. Use a milder shampoo and consider frequent shampooing and conditioning.
Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.