Excercise for weight loss

Which is the best work out for weight loss. I mean walking, jogging or cycling. Now I am doing cycling for 6 km and jogging for 4 km 5 days per week. Can someone suggest me any better combination or better exercises. I am doing this for last 2 months with no food control hence no terrific change in weight. But I fell little light and active. Please suggest me some better diet pattern and workout combination for weight loss.

Doctor Answers (2) on Excercise for weight loss

Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti Hyderabad | General Physician
Brisk walking is better than jogging. Aerobic exercises,thread mill and cycling are better options.
You have to loose 8 kgs..keep a target of 6 mnths.
Avoid junk food and soft drinks.
Dont take sugar,use sugar free instead.
Take 3 to 5 liters of cool water.
Use double toned milk.
Substitute salt free buttermilk for curd.
Avoid coconut and groundnut chutneys. Use mint/tomato chutney instead.
Normal balanced diet is always better than other kinds of diet.
Avoid corn. Use museli/oats/poha for breakfast.
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...ideal weight for your height is around 65 kgs. You are not too overweight also. First and foremost you must understand losing your weight is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. Losing too much suddenly is also not good for health. You have to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule. Regarding diet - have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white boiled chicken vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain yourself. And always keep yourself well hydrated and enjoy whatever you do. Also consult a dietician at any hospital who will be able to give you a proper chart regarding the same