Exam anxiety
I m having a very bad anxiety during exams.i have nausea n vomiting the entire day. I cant sleep also even for some time. .please suggest some medicine that will help me relieve it without making me sleepy as i have to study...can i take etilam??0.25mg??

Hi You can overcome this dear I believe you should discuss your concerns in detail with a mental health professional to gain an insight about nature of problem and ways to overcome it through psychotheraputic techniques Consult with me or any psychologist for therapy and counseling Connect with me through practo Follow my Facebook page "the Cloud Door" for mental health issues All the best Seek help for early recovery
Hello practo user I can understand your concerns regarding your exams . It is normally seen that students get nervous prior to examination . You can try and practice deep breathing and meditation on a regular basis for calming your mind and gathering your thoughts. Try and make a flexible study schedule in which you cover all the topics , take 10 minutes break after every 30-35 minutes of studying . In those 10 minutes try and avoid using your phone or laptop , try and walk around the house or just practice deep breathing. Maintain a healthy lifestyle and sleeping patterns . Go for regular exercise , talk to a close family member or friend and discuss your issues . Avoid studying everything at the last moment as it can increase the symptoms . It is advisable that you seek help from a clinical psychologist for a better understanding of your issues and formulation of a personalized treatment plan through regular counseling sessions. You can also reach out to me through the practo app for any further help or guidance.
consult a clinical psychologist
maintain healthy lifestyle patterns , deep breathing and meditation , take breaks after studying , regular exercise , talk to close family members and friends
Do you also have headache or is it just anxiety and nausea/vomiting? For anxiety, the best non sedating option would be tablet Inderal or Betacap . But before starting that, you should get ECG done. For long term, you can be taught relaxation exercises.
Tremors, feeling anxious or nervous, sense of panic, sweating, increased heartbeat, feeling of impending doom, stomach discomfort, dizziness etc are signs of anxiety. These can be debilitating. If the anxiety is overwhelming, consult a Psychiatrist at the earliest. With the right medication and counseling, it is likely your symptoms will improve.
Yes you can take... etilam 0.25 mg, although many people don't feel drowsy after that still it has effects on CNS. But best choice is .... Propranolol 20 mg.... Start 2 days before exam...