Elbow pain
I have had issues with my left elbow and have often been clumsy, hitting it against objects. I would get pain when doing triceps exercises for example. Today I sharply hit the bone right next to my left elbow, and it was hurting really badly for 5 min. Then the pain stopped but if I massage over the bone, then I get pain. Can this issue be resolved by icing? To strengthen the elbow what can I do?

Dr. Raviraj Francis (PT)
Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello there....dont worry you are young and fit...but however dont overdo things.... from the history you have given it seems to be blunt trauma.... continue with icing if it is provinding relief...you can also try vapocoolant spray which gives instant relief... for strengthning the elbow you need to strengthn the muscles & bones which cause movement of elbow through proper loading strength exercise and diet. But for the timebeing take it easy till your elbow is paining it needs rest. Regards & take care.
Dr. Kalpesh Shinde (PT)
Physiotherapist 3 yrs exp Pune
off course u can icing. for ex's u have to wait took rest 1st...
need to consult to physio once...

Elbow pain treatment exercises