Eardrum hole

Sir i have a problem of my wife she is suffering with Eardrum hole but not any type of fluid liquid dry ear but sometimes lots of pain i wants to know it can be cover with tablets,i dont want to do any type of surgery plz give suggestion in that case

Doctor Answers (1) on Eardrum hole

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
The ear will ache when water/soap enters ear through the ear drum perforation. Buy silicone ear plugs to waterproof ears while bathing. Use this app to get an instant appointment with a good ENT Surgeon who will need to examine you and get a CT scan of your paranasal sinuses (including both mastoids in field) to find out cause of the perforation and treat it. If the perforation is consistently dry for 3 months, he could try chemical cauterisation to close the perforation but if the perforation does not respond, then you will need to undergo Tympanoplasty operation to graft on a new ear drum to close the perforation. You are welcome to come to Bangalore to my clinic if your local ENT Surgeon does not offer this nonsurgical option before deciding on surgery as the natural eardrum gives far superior hearing as compared to the best surgeon grafted eardrum....but you will need to plan to stay in Bangalore for upto a month for the same.