cardiologist-icon

DVT Due to Accident need

Met with an accident and diagonised with DVT and was in treatment with the anticoagulants and then after discharge was treated with Blood thinners, now the swelling is still der and my doctor is trying to cure the same by giving medication for swelling. Now my doubt is wat is the next step do I need to do anything else apart from the medi or I need to do any test? Am i still in the DVT?

Dr. Aniruddha Dayama
Internal Medicine 4 yrs exp Gurgaon
Post dvt swelling may persist. You need to wear compression stockings for 2 years to prevent post dvt syndrome. Also place a pillow under the leg during sleep. If pain persists get reevaluated for cellulitis . INR should be in aprropriate range of 2 to 3 . Medicines need to be continued for 3 months after which revelation for resolution needs to be done
Dr. Ashwin M Daware
Cardiologist 12 yrs exp Bangalore
Please get one venous Doppler of affected leg. That will tell the dvt resoluted or not. U need to continue anticoagulant for 3to 6 months. If it is having pain then some component of cellulitis is also may be there. Please visit your cardiologist and surgeon if necessary.
Dr. Shilpa Dane Gaba
Cardiologist 13 yrs exp Pune
Oh dear such swelling needs examination after which we can really comment on anything..Do visit our Clinic for further assistance