Drug abuse

I had an overdose on marijuana an year ago. I didn't really know what happened to me. I was unconscious. Now I have all sort of problems like trembling/tremor. Strained eyes. Loss of appetite and some cognitive problems as well. My left eye is damaged. I get frequent headaches of different kinds. Do I have a brain injury?? If so what can be done?? Whom should I reach out to?? Please help.

Doctor Answers (3) on Drug abuse

Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan Chennai | Counselling Psychologist
Dear friend,

Since the incident had happened a year ago and you have the symptoms now, it is better to go for medical investigations. You go to a psychiatrist and he will do the needful. Then according to the results you can decide with your psychiatrist what to be done.
Wishes

Ms. Raisa Luther Hyderabad | Psychologist
Kindly meet a psychiatrist immediately. You are unlikely to get any solution on an online forum. Best of luck!
Dr. Satish Ramaiah Bangalore | Addiction Psychiatrist
It is difficult to conclude what may be happening. It is important to understand the problems in detail including detailed medical history, substance use history, current usage and you will need physical examination, neuro exam and then probably some tests like brain scan may be necessary. It is also not clear whether you had any head injury when you overdosed and became unconscious. I suggest you meet a Neurologist initially and as soon as possible. He may consider referring you to psychiatrist as necessary. Regards