Drug abuse/addiction.

My brother is addicted to prescription drugs -montewok LC for no clear reason. He is also addicted to marijuana, alcohol, cigarettes. He has already had two seizure attacks. When being confronted to seek professional help, he gets aggressive. How can I help him or persuade him to seek medical help?.

Doctor Answers (2) on Drug abuse/addiction.

Mr. B. Elayaraja Chennai | Counselling Psychologist
Hi,
This is case of resistance client, they deny the addition and severity of illness.
These sort of clients will not come for therapy with their willingness to change.
You have take him to psychiatric hospital or de addiction centre ( well equipped with professional).
You can also try serence syrup with dr recommendations and take him to hospital.
Once he is detoxed , then psychotherapy can be included.
Dr. Arun Jacob Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Ideally try talk to him about the seriousness of his problem and the fact that he has had a seizure attack is indicative of the escalation of his problem. Seizure uncontrolled can have severe impact on his cognitive ability and his aggression can also be considered as a part of his problem. Now if this is still not working you being his family member if you feel that he is not in a state to make right decision for himself and this progressing to be threatful to his future consult the nearest Psychiatric setting they will be able to help you out with getting him to help.