Drug addiction
Sir my brother have drug addiction ( fortwin). Since one year. Now he want to get rid from addiction. I consul a psychiatrist , he gave some madicen to reduce withdrawling symptom but he dose not give any madicen to reduce craving of drug. So plz tell me how to reduce craving of drug.

Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu
Clinical Psychologist 8 yrs exp Ahmedabad
Hi, Drug addiction is a very difficult phase and giving up on it completely is even more difficult. There are medications which can help reduce his withdrawal symptoms and cravings. I would suggest you get a second opinion from another psychiatrist and also try rehab centers. Depending on the severity of the addiction and his determination of quitting drugs a treatment plan can be devised and he probably might not necessarily need to go to rehab. Also, his support system and environment would play a very crucial part to help him get over his addiction.