Am 28 years old, male. Gone through sinus and deviated nasal septum surgery 15 days ago. Nose was packed after the operation and was removed in the next day but still cough comes out with blood and very difficult in breathing..If I start in breathing through mouth it could be okay and not freely through nose especially
Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice
after septal and sinus surgery its very important to go for regular follow up. after septal surgery its common to have lot of swelling inside your nose and also crusting inside your nose. you should get your nose cleaned by the surgeon who operated on you. you should also do nasal douching for few days to avoid crust formation and clean the debris.
once your nose is cleaned and swelling reduces you will have normal breathing
The various complications of conventional septoplasty are
1. Septal Haematoma(blood clot in septum)
2. Septal Abscess(infection of septal cartilage)
3. Saddle Nose deformity( infection with destruction of septal cartilage leading to collapse of nasal bridge)
4. Septal Perforation( hole in septum connecting both nasal passages
5. Septal Synaechae( adhesions between septum and lateral nasal wall)
6. Widened Nasal framework
7. Iatrogenic Ozaena- bad smell in nose due to excessive destruction of nasal tissues
8. Oro-Antral / Oro-Nasal Fistula ( destruction of bone between nose and mouth causing hole between nose & mouth)
Drop into my clinic with all your surgical records so that I could evaluate your condition and advise you correctly.
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.