Different diagnosis

Hi sir, My spectacles were broken, so went for a test to an eye doctor. After diagnosis they determined my right eye as -2.0, and left eye as -1.25, 0.5 spherical. My previous eye sight was right and left 1. As I was purchasing spectacles at a local shop after seeing the prescription he told me that sir eye sight can't increase so much. After his testing right eye is -1.5 and left eye is same. The only difference In doctor test the letters shown some have black background shade. The local shop guy proved something by using green red difference test. Do I have to visit some other doctor.

Doctor Answers (2) on Different diagnosis

Dr. Lokesh Jain Delhi | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Spectacles prescription is a subjective thing.It might vary from one place to another.
Your vision should be 6/6 and you should be comfortable when vision is checked for each eye separately and also binocularly.
You should get your Retina checked at least once if not previously examined.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.... Don't get confused.. For accurate measurement doctor will put eye drops you have to wait for half an hours and then he perform vision test... That gives accurate measurement of myopia....if you had undergone this kind of test then it is correct Power of eye...