Depression with insomnia since 3 years.
I am a student and suffering from depression and insomnia since 3 years. I am better than before now but this problem doesn't seem to go. I still can't sleep at night everyday and then I sleep very long duration. I haven't done any checkup before. I undergo very low mood, lost interest in everything. Even if I am doing something which should feel good, something will trigger. I have seen myself turning from a overconfident young chilled out dude to a underconfident slim low-key guy. I just keep things to myself and overthink. It started after I failed in engineering and then one after other things joined. I overthink way too much, but failing to act on anything that bothers. I don't want to get used to this as i am just 23 and there's a long way to go. I just want to be what I used to before this phase and get back to doing good for me. Please guide who should I consult.

You should consult a psychiatrist
Hi These symptoms are suggestive of depressive disorder , so visit a nearby psychiatrist for detail evaluation and  management. It can be manage quite effectively with medicine and psychotherapy.
visit a nearby psychiatrist .