Depression

My mom is behaving very arrogantly we give 1 injection of depression still has no improvement she's blame n fight with us for things we never said..she's laughing all time.. It's very difficult to handle her..she's not taking her medicines if we force her for medicine she vomits & she's also have insecurity also
views-icons 116 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Depression

There might be many reasons for this behaviour. You have not mentioed whether you are girl or boy, so I'm not sure if you are prepared to hear this and also not sure how sympathetic and understanding you will be towards what I'm going to say, but I shall go ahead and tell you , that it is a major possibility that your mother is going through menopause. This is no crazy deal,it happens with all ladies and affects different women with different intensity. She needs the empathy and patience of her family at this time and not contempt or being called "arrogant". You may not remember it but you are talking about a lady who cleaned your every filth and taught you how to do everything right from using a spoon upto talking and I'm sure she's still teaching you. Be patient towards her, she soothed your every tantrum when you were a baby,think of it like a time to pay her back by soothing and consoling her. Sit with her in a good mood and ask her what is bothering her. I'm sure things will get better .