Depression

Im suffering from depression from last 3 years. Im taking nexito and pexep but none of them is helping me. Supragya(ayurvedic) helped me to alleviate my symptoms very much but Im not like before. My qn is: Can a person be the same as he was before depression?? Can he be emotionally same?

Dr. Antara Gupta
Neuropsychiatrist 12 yrs exp Aligarh

Nexito and pexep are not given together as they belong to same group. An optimal or max tolerated dose is important. Talk to your psychiatrist about it. You can reach previous  functioning with proper treatment.
Dr. Vikas Khanna
Hypnotherapist 13 yrs exp Delhi
I am sorry your comparison is misplaced. Emotional phases and graph may not be same all the time and you should not struggle for the same. I suggest to also take counseling along with medicine
Dr. Sugandha Gupta
Psychiatrist 11 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, to answer your question in a simplified manner, yes depression can improve completely and person can go back to being his previous self. Rather the goal of treatment is restoration of the premorbid personality (usual self before onset of depression). However there can be a number of maintaining factors for a depressive episode, to understand why is the process of recovery incomplete for you a detailed and comprehensive assessment would be required. A variety of medical, psychological, or socio-enviornmental can produce a clinical condition of partial recovery. Kindly meet a good psychiatrist near you for a detailed assessment and discussion. Addition of psychological intervention may help you attain complete recovery. Hope this helps you..