Depression

I think I am going through depression, nothing seems to go right. I feel very empty and lonely and I get that heart sinking feeling almost every other hour. I have been overthinking alot and I have started to hate myself.

Doctor Answers (5) on Depression

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
You r right in a way by reaching this forum. Feel good and motivated and grateful to the Universe that u r still.alive and able to get suggestions and help from the society on a whole.
Definitely there is a way for u to come out of this depression or phase in your life.
Come to Bangalore  and meet a Psychologist and lead a happy and successful  life ahead.
I totally agree with dr. Sathish consult psychiatrist fr treatment.
Dr. Akshata Bhat Mumbai | Adolescent And Child Psychiatrist
Everyone feels low at some time or the other, especially when things are not going well. However, if what you feel is happening all the time, you need to talk to a psychiatrist. Feeling low, lonely, empty and anxious are some of the signs of depression.
Try to involve yourself in some activity that you enjoy. Ensure that you get proper sleep, exercise regularly and pay attention to yourself. Keep a regular schedule for yourself, so that you are occupied
If you begin to feel suicidal or hopeless, consult a psychiatrist immediately.
Dr. Vikas Khanna Delhi | Hypnotherapist
Revisit your expectations and hopes....Because they bring unhappiness and frustration when not met. Are you always struggling to change your present? Is the definition of how things should be hanging like a sword? Take a help of psychologist/counselor in your hometown.
Dr. Satish Ramaiah Bangalore | Addiction Psychiatrist
Hi

It certainly sound like you are depressed. Sometimes it could be induced by some recent stresses or physical health issues. Try and be mindful about not feeling great and calmly carry on without fighting with your emotions or getting desperate. Practice good lifestyle choices, yoga, meditation, relaxation, breathing exercises along with sleep hygiene, healthy diet etc. Also, take things slowly and schedule your work and be realistic about your expectations until you feel better. If it continues this way, or worsens consult a psychiatrist. Best wishes