Depression...

I have depression tablet sulpitac 150 mg... 50 in mor and 100 at night... Now better to an extent.. but sometimes burst out to crying.. thinking about past.. Dr says in net to cry out rather having in mind and feel more depressed... But is it ok... It's rare say once in two weeks.. what else can I do to avoid depression...

Doctor Answers (5) on Depression...

Jankhana Hakani Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Hi. Your history is incomplete. Firstly , sulpitac is not for depression. Secondly, you need to see a psychiatrist for a detailed evaluation of your condition to start appropriate treatment.
hi. first things first, you should try and lose weight, that will help you increase your confidence and reduce depression. it will also help you in stabilizing your other medical conditions. keep you vitamins in check and continue medication for the same.
along with taking anti depressants, do visit a psychologist and seek psychotherapy for your depression. therapy works wonders and has a long term effect.
do not take hypnotherapy for depression.
Dr. Antara Gupta Aligarh | Psychiatrist
Sulpitac is not an antidepressant.  It may worsen depression at this dose. Please revisit your psychiatrist for adding an antidepressant.  Your bio says you have anxiety and stress. Antidepressants will work there too. All the best.
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Definitely crying would help. Also it is temporary.  I feel if u cld meet a counsellor and try sharing your emotions you might get a better clarity how not to get back  to those bad past experiences.  Take care.
Dr. Satish Ramaiah Bangalore | Addiction Psychiatrist
Hi

Sulpitac is usually not used for depression. However if you are experiencing periods of sadness & crying, it could mean that you may need antidepressant too or other forms of treatment like CBT. It is important to assess & see if you are experiencing other symptoms of depression & also assess the impact on your functioning. I am not sure the reason you are on Sulpitac. Hence, I wouldn't advice you to stop it or switch to antidepressant without consulting. Regards