Depression

I have been married since 5 years and from the day 1 of my engagement my mother in law started behaving very bad with me .she always insult me and my family over the financial status difference.i asked for a help to my husband but he never supported me because he thinks his widow mother is lonely and she is very innocent .she cries to every relative that i am so bad to her because she is widow.pls help me i dont want live my life like this.

Doctor Answers (2) on Depression

Dr. Anjendra R Targe Pune | Addiction Psychiatrist
Hi there,

What you need to do is convince your husband that you're going through a lot of stress and convince him to go for a Couple's therapy session, which can later eveolve into a family therapy. By doing this, the therapist will be able to give an objective point of view to your husband, who will then understand the dynamics of the problem, and would possibly start taking corrective actions.

Another thing you need to get addressed is whether you need treatment for clinical depression/anxiety as a result of the conflictual situation. The same might hold true for your mother in law, who herself might be depressed and as a result, her behavior has been irritable and un healthy for you and the entire family.

Good Luck.

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there....., Take steps to control stress, to increase your resilience and boost your self-esteem.... Reach out to family and friends, especially in times of crisis, to help you weather rough spells..... Get treatment at the earliest sign of a problem to help prevent depression from worsening..... Consider getting long-term maintenance treatment to help prevent a relapse of symptoms.....Consult Psychiatrist....