Depression

I've been sad since last three months. I use to cry everyday for one or the other reason in the period of mid may to mid June. In June I discovered that I could not bear anybody else's presence (except for my parents and brother). I discussed this problem with my mother but she took it casually and asked me to engage myself in other activities. Two days ago while I was in college, I felt a wave a emotions striking in. All of a sudden I wanted to shut myself in a room and cry. Since then I've not stepped out of home. I'm afraid of people, I cannot bear their presence. It's like they're judging too much and I'm not able to fit in no matter how hard I try. No matter how polite I am, other people always regard me rude. For some or the other I cry and that too very often. And i feel pain from the inside. Like something is crushing me from the inside. The pain and the emotions always at the back of my throat are persistent since mid may. Kindly help.

Doctor Answers (2) on Depression

Dr. Antara Gupta Aligarh | Psychiatrist
It is quite strange that your family has not noticed all this yet and you have not been taken to a psychiatrist.  Believe me the crying spells you are having will improce with treatment within two weeks. Pls consult a psychiatrist. Delhi has many good ones.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi...... Take steps to control stress, to increase your resilience and boost your self-esteem. Reach out to family and friends, especially in times of crisis, to help you weather rough spells. Get treatment at the earliest sign of a problem to help prevent depression from worsening. Consider getting long-term maintenance treatment to help prevent a relapse of symptoms. Consult Psychiatrist....