Depression
I am currently taking nexito forte. Can I take omega 3 capsules of amway with this medicine. I am planning to quit nexito forte. Need your help.

Dr. Naresh Vadlamani
Psychiatrist 24 yrs exp Hyderabad

Nexito Forte is Escitalopram, antidepressant and Clonazepam, a sedative and benzodiazepine. It is not antipsychotic medication. Escitalopram is non addictive. Clonazepam is mildly addictive but that low dose in Nexito forte is OK. Yes you can use omega tablets with Nexito forte. If you stop Nexito forte suddenly, nothing much happens but the reason why it was started may return. So take the advice of a psychiatrist if you are completely treated and if so how does the psychiatrist plan to stop further prescribing medicines. People usually spread misconceptions about psychiatric medications with half knowledge. The medications are not poisonous. And all psychiatric medications are not sedatives or addictive. Even some doctors from other specialties have this misconception because they don't read effectively.
Dr. Venkat Raghav
Hello,nexito forte is escitalopram its antipsychotic drug ,you shouldn't stop it with out doctors opinion if you are taking it on psychiatrist advice , one should not take or quit psychiatric drugs without doctor's advice . Moreover omega 3 is just a fatty acid its not replacement for escitalopram. Consult psychiatrist .

Depression How to come out of depression