Depression
How much time should i take antidepressant? I know antidepressant have many sideeffect including sexual sideeffect, so i am scared of taking it, is it necessary to take antidepressant for depression? Or can i overcome depression without antidepressant? Because i dont want my sex drive effected, plz help me

Have you identified and resolved Ur issue for which u may be having the anti depressants. If not , j would suggest you to meet a psychologist before tapering the medicine.
Hey! Antidepressants are recommended by psychiatrist after understanding the severity of depression. Also a combination of therapy and medication have Great results, slowly with therapy medication can be reduced after consulting the psychiatrist. So firstly consult your psychiatrist for medication and psychologist for therapy near you. All the best!
Hello, I will try to answer your question in parts- A. The duration of antidepressant therapy is based in multiple factors and may vary as per clinical conditions. B. The newer antidepressants have fewer side effects and are generally well tolerated if used in judicious manner and in regular supervision of a psychiatrist. C. Antidepressants which do not have any significant sexual side effects are available and may be used if you are apprehensive regarding the same, you can discuss this with your treating psychiatrist in person. D. Whether or not antidepressants are necessary for you can be discussed with your psychiatrist and a collaborative plan can be formulated and after a detailed dialogue with your psychiatrist. E. Psychological intervention is likely to be useful for management of depressive episode and may help in management of your condition with lower dose of medication. G. The clinical condition of depression can itself reduce sexual drive and libido, hence it is very important to get yourself treated. In many cases impaired sexual functioning is directly related to depression rather than antidepressant side effects. F. Please understand that leaving your depressive episode untreated can lead to further complications, so please do not delay treatment seeking. Hope this helps you. Best wishes for your health and future. Dr. Sugandha Gupta Consultant Psychiatrist Delhi Mind Clinic
discuss the apprehensions in an open manner with your psychiatrist. Solutions can be found through a dialogue.