Depression

Hi Doctor, My sister is suffering from a depression.She was in love with a guy and my parents refused for that.Now after 2 years she left her job and she is not doing her thesis which she left midway. She is staying in the hostel and thinking a lot.Now she got a hatred toward's everyone.She is not willing to talk to me,my mother or father.She wants to ruin her life by herself and she is so stubborn. She used to have mood swings and even we felt this was like that.But this one is very different and we don't know how to take care of it. She don't wnat to go to any doctor and she feels nobody has a solution to that. We are unable to understand what to do and please help us in this case. Your advise is our last ray of hope. Thanking you sir

Doctor Answers (2) on Depression

Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan Chennai | Counselling Psychologist
Dear friend,

First of all, your sister is staying alone in a hostel and she is not taking to you or your parents. So if you try to start any type of treatment she might not agree. So please find out who is her friend in the hostel and try and speak to your sister through the friend.
Slowly make her realise that she needs help from a counselor or psychotherapist through the friend only.
Visit my site www.mastermindfoundation.com
Feel free to contact me for any further guidance.
Wishes

Dr. Trupti Vedpathak Pune | Addiction Psychiatrist
Since she is not on talking terms with parents or you, she may not listen to you. You may have to request her close friend or someone she trusts to talk to her & take her to a   mental health professional. If they are able to establish a rapport with her, she may engage in treatment..