Hi- I'm separating from my husband. He has made it very clear that he is ok with it and shows no signs of love. I am still in love with him but the inner side of me really wants to get over it and move on. But I cannot seem to be able to even start. Should I stop living with him immediately? What else can I do?
214 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu
Clinical Psychologist 9 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi, How long have you been married to him? Have you been experiencing problems with him since long? Are you both sure this isn't an impulsive decision? These are important questions which need to be answered before taking any drastic steps. I'm guessing you both haven't tried couple counseling. In which case I would strongly recommend you should before taking any such steps as its possible that you both might be highly emotional rather than objective. Visiting a professional and discussing details of your relationship, thoughts and feelings can help you get an objective view and make decisions which either of you won't regret in the coming years. So I urge that you fix an appointment with a counselor first and then think of separation. And talk to your husband for the same if he would be willing to get into a session as well. I hope this helps you out for the time being.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.