Depression and Insomnia.

I am a B.Tech graduate.I have been in search of A job from the last two years.My parents started comparing me with my neighbors saying things like "That boy got a job in this company and what have you been doing from the last two years doing nothing".I am suffering from depression because of not having a job and I started worrying about my future.Everyday I think about what kind of problems will I face in the future.I started preparing for the competitive exams but I couldn't concentrate well because of depression.I am also suffering from severe Insomnia and that is the most worrying factor.All I can do was just lock my self in a room and cry endlessly.I am not getting proper sleep.Every day I am getting weaker and weaker,I lost confidence.Sometimes I even think about giving up my life.I need some motivation and I want to be positive about my life.

Dr. Rakhi Anand
Clinical Psychologist 22 yrs exp Delhi
Hello there, It is very understandable that u r feeling upset and hopeless in the search of appropriate job. But think again regarding yourself and family. They only want to see u becoming financially independent and loosing u forever is not their intention. This will only add frustration to present situation. As u mentioned you have tried preparation for exams u can also try consulting some career counsellor or jib consultants if u need to divert. Also try scheduling your day having time for exercise n pleasure activities to improve your mood and energy. Socialization is also helpful in elevating mood so move out regardless. U can also consult psychologist in yr area to assess deeper issues if any and final diagnosis for early management.