Deposit in gum line

There has been a white deposit around my gums for quite some time. When I try to remove it, they start bleeding. I did visit a dentist long back for this issue and he did regular cleaning but since then my gums have shifted behind exposing more of my teeth and the deposit is back.

Doctor Answers (2) on Deposit in gum line

Dr. Vishal Kabre Mumbai | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
due to the white deposit whatever gums you have seen gone behind wil progress further if you let it remajn.. it has caused an irreversible damage which can be only stopped by removing it.. hence cleaning by dentist is required  alongwith proper oral hygiene measures to prevent it from coming back.. after the initial cleaning procedure is done the gums atleast wont recede further and can be grown back in certain conditions.. do go with the cleaning protocol as soon as possible :)
deposit soft are plaque and which harden called  tartar.
plaque can be removed by proper brushing but tartar can be removed by proper scaling in dental office.
if not removed the cause recession I.e exposure of root of teeth tat may lead to sensitivity.
that scaling why check and scaling is recommended 6 month to year.