Dental problem
My daughter is 4 yrs old. I can see a pimple like on her gum(above the 1st front tooth). It goes n come again. One of my dr said its just simple ulcer. The other 1 said its a cyst. May i know what it is??

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..it's not a cyst or ulcer. It's a abscess. She needs pulpectomy for that tooth. Visit a pediatric dentist. Regards
Dr. Aarthi Shankar
Dentist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

It is not ulcer nor cyst.It is an abscess due to tooth infection.Pls take a dental xray with your nearby dentist and confirm.Please take the treatment as soon as possible ..as it may spread rapidly.She needs to be started on antibiotics for infection followed by pulpectomy(Rct in children) thereby the tooth can be saved given her young age.
Dr. Rashmi Punhani
Pediatric Dentist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi there...it could be abscess...I would suggest...if possible ..either post a photograph of it...or visit your nearest Pediatric dentist ASAP.. Take care ...!!
Ulcer is rare in infants..the pimple like thing may b sinus opening (puss) due to infection. Does ur kid hav carious tooth?it's not a cyst..Consult a pedodontist or a senior dental surgeon without delay