Dental - Cap

Hi , I am getting a root canal treatment done for my front teeth . I have consulted two doctors and they have suggested me to fix cap .Since it is my front teeth should I go for expensive one. Reason being , both the doctors gave me different rates for the crown . All ceramic crown -12k. Ceramic crown 3.5k Which one last long and are crown and cap the same thing ?

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..front teeth zirconia (full ceramic) is always good. It gives natural color. Looks natural like adjacent teeth. Back teeth PFM is OK. But, full ceramic are always good. Regards
Dr. Mohammad Imran Khan
Dentist 9 yrs exp Lucknow
Hi u must say what is the reason u r getting ur front tooth treated ..if its any past trauma and tooth is intact and there is no discoloration thn crown is not required..but if its fractured or discolored...and economy is not concern thn full ceramic crowns r the best in esthetics.. metal ceramic wil also do but is inferior in esthetics if compared to full ceramics
Dr. Rashmi Punhani
Pediatric Dentist 6 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi there... For front teeth, I would always suggest you to go for zirconia crown (all ceramic) because it gives you a natural look. It certainly cost you a bit more.. But its a one time investment on your health. Take care ...
Dr. Asha Praveena
Dentist 8 yrs exp Hyderabad
Cap/crown given on tooth after root canal treatment reinforces the strength of the tooth. Ceramic what you have mentioned here is called PFM (porcelain fused to metal). The advantage with this is the cost ie economic and the drawback of this is ,it has a metal layer inside which may cause blackish colour change on your gums over a period of time. All ceramic/zirconia crown on the other hand does not have this metal layer and is more natural looking compared to PFM cap.drawback is the cost. If cost is not a factor then zirconia may be the better choice.