Deficiency of aldh enzyme

Why my body had stopped making aldh enzyme,i cannot drink anymore without getting facial flushed.Will this problem solve by itself or i need to take medication?

Doctor Answers (2) on Deficiency of aldh enzyme

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. This happens when there is a genetic defect due to which there is less or no enzymes are produced for the step of alcohol metabolism. You should feel good about it, you will consume less or almost no amount of alcohol and will not be harmed by alcohol's effects. Fortunately or unfortunately which ever way you want to take, it cannot be treated as its a genetic condition. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar Delhi | General Physician
Actually the flusing is due to accumation of acetaldehyde , a by product of Alcohol Metabolism. their is deficiency of Acetyl dehydogenase, an enzyme that breaks down Acetyldehyde. Unfortunately, the cause is a Genetic Mutation and cant be treated. Its a blessing in disguise to consume less alcohol. all the best