Decayed Tooth

I got root canal done for a tooth. Since I did not get a crown placed, filling got out and the tooth decayed, leaving behind just the outer shell and the root-canal'd roots. Is it advisable to get extraction and implant done at once or there should be a time gap between the two?

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..it is based on x ray. If no infection then extraction and implant can be done on same day or else need to wait for one month following extraction. Regards
Dr. Rashmi Punhani
Pediatric Dentist 6 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi there ...if there is no infection, immediate implant can be done ...but if its there ...then u need to wait for the infection to subside.. Let your dentist take the final call.. Take care ...!!
Dr. Vidhu.S
Dentist 12 yrs exp Delhi
It all depends on the x-ray if there is no infection immediate implant can be done if not you have to get extraction done then wait for a period of three to four months then go for implant..
Dr. Amit Jaisinghani
Dentist 7 yrs exp Pune
Hi , Implant can be done immediately but the final call needs to be taken by the surgeon placing it as to its the bone condition good to accept the implant or does it need to heal first.