Decayed tooth

C/C-Decayed Lower Right 7 tooth O/E-caries exposed Need- IOPAR - RCT / Ext I have gagging reflux. That's the problem for RCT. Can I continue with temporary filling? note: 4 years ago a dentist treated temporary filling. But from last 6 months that filling is destroying layer by layer and now it's become sensitive after sticking food.

Doctor Answers (9) on Decayed tooth

Dear sir, I would suggest to get an iopar taken first to asses whether the tooth actually requires a root canal treatment. Since it seems ur previous restoration is worn off and the tooth is just sensitive which could be due to secondary caries or leakage from d restoration, replacement of ur existing worn off restoration would solve d issue. This suggestion is just with d description u've given. The actual tooth condition and treatment may vary.
Hi sir
You have indeed given a nice detailed history .As suggested by fellow dentists it's highly advisable to go for an RCT .Nowadays with rotary instrumentation the procedure can be done promtly without delay .And your affected tooth is lower so gagging will not be as pronounced as a upper tooth .So without fear kindly go ahead with a RCT.All the best .
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
When you present the complaint so scientifically, I hope it will not be difficult for you to understand the suggestions made by the various dentists who go through your complaint...... No, there is no replacement for root canal treatment and certainly not a temporary filling...... you need to get it done as soon as possible before that it becomes non-restorable..... there are various modalities of treatment available to reduce your gag reflex... talk to your dentist about the same, but do not delay this treatment if you don't want to lose that tooth.....
Regards....
Hello, You need to continue and finish the RCT.If you have severe gag reflex it can be safely done using a rubber dam or you can also opt for conscious sedation or General anaesthesia. Regards Dr Suman Makam
Advisable to undergo RCT. The hyperactive gag reflex can be countered by giving you sufficient breaks, also we ensure that the procedure is completed with 20 mins that will again minimize discomfort and gagging
there is no other option for rct. if you want to save your tooth go for rct. no temporary filling can last for a year. consult a dentist for rct
Hi No a temporary filling has already given you beyond expectation . 4 years is a good time for temporary filling to last . You need to go in for complete RCT followed with capping if you intend to save the tooth. Regards
Can go Ahead with the RCT treatment....temporary filling is not a treatment option...I can assure you Gag reflex has nothing to do with RCT....yes for extraction there is an issue for Gag reflex.....
If you want can contact in our clinic for further details....
You cannot continue with temporary filling.....there will be high chance of secondary caries due to microleakage from temporary filling....which leads to pain and progression of the infection....I can assure you there will be no gagging reflex if you are having RCT....So throw your fear and visit a dentist.....All your fears and problems will be solved....and you will lead a healthy "tooth" life..