cardiologist-icon

Coronary artery disease

My father had triple vessel disease. 2 stents were placed in lad and 2 stents were placed in lcx and cleared by ptca. But doctor says RCA is totally damaged and can't do anything about RCA. RCA is non dominant. Advice needed regarding RCA and the total procedure.

Doctor Answers (4) on Coronary artery disease

Dr. Ashish Srivastava Noida | Cardiologist
They have advised you correctly
Follow up the advices of your Cardiologist
Dr Ashish Srivastava
General Physician & Clinical Cardiologist
Dr. Sagar Sharma Delhi | Consultant Physician
I totally agree with my colleague view that there is no benefit to put stent in damaged RCA , indeed there is a life risk...

After stenting, your father must take proper n regular medication to avoid stent blockage...

Walking 3-4 km is a must for cardiac rehabilitation. .  . and to build fine new arteries called collaterals... 

A non-dominant RCA means that the vessel is very small and supplies minimal part of heart and most of the heart is supplied by other vessels. Now remember, angioplasty (like any other operation/procedure in the world) carries some risk of grave complications including risk of death. So in a case of angioplasty of non-dominant RCA the risk will be high as compared to the benefit (if any). The risk will be even higher in case of badly diseased RCA. While for other vessels, in your case, benefit will be much higher than the risk. And hence your doctor has taken a very correct decision by not touching that non-dominant RCA. But I must say that the best opinion can be given only after the angiography CD is seen. So you may show the CD to another cardiologist for a 2nd opinion before doubting/blaming the current cardiologist for his logical work. Dr Chandrashekhar Munjewar www.thefitheart.in
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello

Well it looks like by the way you have mentioned stent could not have been placed there..I would suggest you to attach the reports of angiogram and ptca too so that I can help you out better....you need to rahe ege opinion if a cardiologist... thank you