Constipation problem

I have  a constipation problem since one month's so please give a accurate medication to relief my problem and also I have a diabetic patient

Doctor Answers (1) on Constipation problem

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Adding fiber to your diet increases the weight of your stool and speeds its passage through your intestines. Slowly begin to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables each day. Choose whole-grain breads and cereals.

Your doctor may recommend a specific number of grams of fiber to consume each day. In general, aim for 14 grams of fiber for every 1,000 calories in your daily diet.

A sudden increase in the amount of fiber you eat can cause bloating and gas, so start slowly and work your way up to your goal over a few weeks.

Physical activity increases muscle activity in your intestines. Try to fit in exercise most days of the week... Take your time in the bathroom, allowing yourself enough time to have a bowel movement without distractions and without feeling rushed...consult physicians if symptoms persists they will guide you further