Constipation

I am 23 years old . For last six months I am having constipation problem even I eat well . I consulted to gastroenterologist and follow the treatment but it was regular only for that time and again m suffering from this problem. I take meftal spas during periods and I read somewhere that this medicine can affect motions so is it because of this medicine ? or anything else . I feel laziness all the time and I have thyroid prob too . Plz suggest me what should I do for this problem

Doctor Answers (6) on Constipation

Take 3 Bananas every night 9 PM and 1.5 litre of water at 6 AM Follow this for one week and tell me how much you have improved
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. I can u understand your concern. you have mentioned that you have a thyroid problem. what kind of problem do you have and are you taking any medicines for it? you could be suffering from hypothyroidism which would require treatment and some of your symptoms may resolve once you get your thyroid treated. apart from that, have a high protein, high fiber diet. have your meals at regular intervals and instead of having three huge meals, have 5 smaller meals and let two of these meals be entirely of fruits and vegetables only. drink lots of water. practice yoga, suryanamaskar everyday. tab. bisacodyl 2mg two tablets before bed every night for 5 days. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there I understand your concern...First of all you should start taking a high fibre diet, incorporate more of fruits, green leafy vegetables and salads in diet..Drink plenty of water....You should always take walk after meals and follow daily workout regime....With that fallow relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation,avoid alcohol, smoking, coffee, tea...take syp duphalac 10 ml at night time with milk or warm water....Consult nearest physician or gastroenterologist they will do the needful.
Hello. Maintain regular timings for your food intake. Eat the food when it is hot. Do not consume more cold and chilled food and avoid deep fried food. Use Khichdi made up of moong dal and rice often to reduce the ill effects of spicy food. Drink churned buttermilk after your lunch and dinner whenever possible and drink a glassful of diluted milk at bed time. Regularly practice Suryanamaskar for 6 to 12 rounds early in the morning by 6AM and avoid late night wake ups and early morning sleeps. Drink warm water along with your food. If you have a habit of using maida preparations, avoid them as far as possible. Good luck.
Dr. Ravindra Chhajed Pune | Diabetologist
Most of your symptoms are fitting into Hypothyroidism meaning less amount of thyroxine in blood. Please go to good lab and check for thyroid function test.You will have to take medicines for it with appropriate dosages.
Do not take meftal spas . Drink lot of water & lemon or any citrus fruit juice. Do regular exercises. Keep bed time & get up time same for all days. Do not consume fast food. See the difference.