Constipation problem
Hello, My mother is facing a constipation problem due to which she feels difficulty in clearing motion for 3-4 days , also because of this she feel gastric problems and a headache , please suggest a best possible solution to overcome this problem , thanks

Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern. She needs to modify her diet and lifestyle. Eat foods rich in fibres like green leafy vegetables, raw fruits and vegetables. Avoid spicy, oily, outside junk foods completely. Drink plenty of water  (3 to 4 litres per day). If this doesn't help, then consult a general surgeon for further evaluation. She will need to be evaluated for any gastrointestinal abnormalities. Might require stool softeners for a few days.