Conjunctivitis
Hello, My eyes turned red and were itchy, 2 months back. I consulted a doctor, he diagnosed it as conjunctivitis and prescribed eye drops (Toba) and an eye ointment (Ocupol DX). However, when I use these medicines, my eyes will be normal. But if I discontinue them, they again turn red and irritation persists. I've noticed this happening particularly if I discontinue using Ocupol DX. So the doctor has advised me to use it for a while. But I'm worried about using antibiotics for a long time. Is it really conjunctivitis, if so, why is it recurring after discontinuing the eye ointment?

It seems you are having allergic conjunctivitis. Do cold compresses Avoid heat and dust. Use Dabfit eye drops 2 times a day for 4 weeks
It seems to be Allergic conjunctivitis which has frequent recurrence.  Don't use Ocupol Dx as it is a strong steroid with lot of side effects. You can use antibiotic- mild steroid combination
Avoid sun exposure, dusty, dirty environment.
Are you a regular computer user if so it might be computer vision syndrome please use lubricant eye drops e.g. teardrop 2to3 times daily and rub ocupol d's eye oint twice daily on lids
Follow 20.20.formula ie close your eyes for 20seconds after every after every 20minutes.keep proper distance between eyes and screen wash your eyes with freshwater frequently and don't sit facing towards a/c or  blowers consume lots of fresh fruit and vegetables and also do cold compresses with ice .