Congested nose, sleepines

I have a congested nose always, it opens up immediately when i use nasal sprays like nasivion or otrivin. I get a very deep sleep generally, unable to wake up early, but the night I consume some particular alcohol i get a proper sleep and wake up automatically early in the morning. The day I will consume something cold , I have a lot of chances to have a very bad time sneezing and coughing , along with a heavily blocked nose.

Doctor Answers (1) on Congested nose, sleepines

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. Well you need to be examined first to find out the cause of sneezing,cold and heavily blocked nose...you need to take steam regularly.. And we need to examine you..please consult a Ent specialist..to check if you have any sort of deviated septum... Are you overweight? Is your job stressful? Personal life? Be careful while you use sprays like otrivin as it will cause recurrent cold...better you use nasivion or otrivin which has only normal saline