Confused_if_have depressi

I have been noticing from few months that I start feeling very lonely and I cry over small things.People around me make me happy sometimes and sometimes I just want to go away from them.There are a lot of reasons but most important one is my parents not aggreeing on marriage with the person I love.I saw a few videos about depression and I dont know why I started crying over them as well.I am not able to understand if its jst being too emotional or are these signs of depression.

Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan
Counselling Psychologist 14 yrs exp Chennai

Dear friend, First, Crying is actually good. You are not holding your emotions. You are letting go by crying. Secondly, you know why you are getting emotional. Try to understand your parents or make them understand you. Before taking any decisions, look for pros and cons of your decision. You are now 25 and you should be in a position to choose right and wrong. Introspect yourself and take the right decision at right time. Amy further help, please feel free to contact. Visit www.mastermindfoundation.com Wishes
Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

When things doesn't happen in the way we wanted, that distance between the reality and expectations are the reasons for stress and the so called depression. As y hv mentioned the one reason and many other resins are the causes of ur depression.  Please go and consult a Counsellor and come out of this situation which us not worth living like this.
Dr. Diwakar Sharma
Addiction Psychiatrist 6 yrs exp Lucknow

Hi dere, symptoms dat u just described are pretty much suggesting the presence of depression and stress... So it's something which might have been triggered by the situation u talked about... But it's not perpetuating cuz of dat.... We have to look after and contain any long term or permanent effects this might have in it life... This phase shud not take away the things this life has and will offer to u... Kindly consult a mental health professional and undergo psychotherapy / counselling... If there is. Temporary need for sum relaxing medicines... Explore the possibilities... Can't afford to let this continue any more.... Hope this helps... Feel free to consult regarding any further help... Plz take care
Ms. Tishya Mahindru Shahani
Psychologist 6 yrs exp Vadodara
hi, first of all stop seeing videos on depression or other such things. you need to be trained to understand these and half knowledge would always give you more stress. as far as your marriage is concerned, give it sometime and things would improve. all the best