Compressed fracture in L3

I felt from a height of about 2 feet.and got compressed fracture in L3.please tell me about the time period for cure.

Doctor Answers (2) on Compressed fracture in L3

Dr. Prashant Singh Noida | Clinical Physiotherapist
Hello... Fracture healing takes time depending upon the severity of the fracture. Age of the person also plays an important role in this regard. As your age is around 60 years so will take more than 6 to 8 weeks to heal properly and also calcium and vit D3 supplements required along with it. Stay in contact with your orthopedic doctor and ask him/her about taking physiotherapy for proper progression. Physiotherapy does help in a painfree recovery. Take proper rest. Use lumbo-sacral belt for proper support. Avoid long sitting.
As per your age, u need to rest for at least 2-3 months, keep d peripheral exercises done during your resting phase by a expert physiotherapist for best recovery.