Coconut Good or Bad

Coconut is good or bad for senior citizens. Most of the people says it is bad for health. What do you say?

Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Dietitian/Nutritionist 13 yrs exp Kolkata

Hello sir - each food has by N large positive as well as negative side. coconut is having high calorie rich in fat & coconut water is full of potassium. si if u v cholesterol or over weight problem then I advice not to favor it. otherwise this is been used in our festival, puja. Also coconut oil is not same reason not safe due to Saturday fat presence of mufa.
Dr. Jaya Dewani
Dietitian/Nutritionist 16 yrs exp Pune
Hello Sir...... No .....coconut is not bad if consumed in moderation....... Fresh Coconut provides good amount of calories, on an average provides 600-650 calories per coconut and 100 GM's dry coconut provides 600-650 calories........plus point is adding coconut decreases glycaemic index of food.,......... The down side is it high in calories, if calories not burnt than it will be stored as fat or levels of cholesterol increases.......so I will advice to take in moderation.