Chronic Urticaria

Dear Sir/ Mam, I am suffering from Urticaria since past one year , the moment after i got discharged from hospital post dengue. I am under a treatment of a Good dermatologist and have been taking Allegra 180 mg, famocid and Doxepin 25. This problem is affecting me psychologically as well. Would this problem become a hindrance in my fertility treatments like IVF??? please advise

Doctor Answers (1) on Chronic Urticaria

Thanks for the query. Hives are irritating and difficult to live with. Chronic urticaria is the medical terminology and this condition needs proper assessment. The triggers should be identified. Based on your description, it appears that you have intermittent variable of chronic urticaria. These conditions have strong relation to one's internal health and it needs to be evaluated as often quoted - Skin is the mirror of internal health. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation which probably will include a non-sedative antihistamine and some other medications based on blood chemistry. A common mistake is to take antihistamines as when and needed while it should be taken for a reasonably long time frame in urticaria whether you develop hives or not. After a certain period, it is advisable to wean the treatment. Few advance treatment options also exist which requires once a month treatment. Hope it helps.
I do not think it will interfere with IVF treatment.
Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.